Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Circumcision made without hands

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul spoke of a NT circumcision.  This Paul described as a circumcision made without hands.

Col. 2 ... For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 

In the Old Testament there was a circumcision made with hands in the cutting away of the flesh.

In the New Testament that cutting away of the flesh is made without hands.  It is done by the Word sent to us by God through His Spirit.  When we hear that word, it is as a knife cutting away flesh, separating us from the way of the world in which we once walked.

The Word that God sends to us divides us from the world.  We are changed from them.  We once walked as did the world, desiring those things of the flesh.  But when that flesh was cut away by the Word, we went another way, the way of God.

This is the NT circumcision made without hand.  It is made by the Spirit of God through the Word the Spirit speaks to us.

We become dead to the world.

As I watch TV, I am constantly amazed at those things people consider important.  I just stare at commercials where people show such delight in notebook computers, cell phones that are as computers, cars, jewels ... These things seems so important to the world ... fulfillment even ... It is like I am dead to all these things.  None of these excite me.  Cruises do not excite me.  But in these commercials these various things seem so important and wonderful, but I know they are not important.  And their wonder is so temporary until the new wears off.  Basically all these things are just futile activities ... they make the flesh think it is really doing something when it isn't... only clouds without water ... promising wondrous things but not fulfilling such ...

I watch football on TV.  I see people devastated by losing.  I see people thrilled over winning.  I know neither losing nor winning are anything.  Both are just fleshly deceptions.

There was a time these things were important to me.  But I was changed by God.  And bit by bit after God revealed Himself to me, that flesh was cut away and I became dead to the world and its many joys and thrills.  So now I see such on TV and just stare at the people who consider the various fleshly wonders ... glad that I don't have to do these things anymore!

Col. 2:12 ... Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 

I was once dead with the people of the world.  But God revealed HIMSELF to me and I was raised from the dead of this world. I was changed  and those things that were once important are no longer important to me.

By being changed, I became dead to the world but alive to God, now caring about the works of God and the marvels of God... continually transformed into the image of Christ as God reveals pieces of THE WORD to me.