Friday, December 13, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

confidence: the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust

When I was first born again, my confidence was in God and His power.  I knew only the way God provided for us to be saved would work.  Nothing I could do, nothing anyone else I knew could do, could save me.

And the following scripture stood out to me very strongly ... 

Matthew 11:28 (Jesus said) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

My flesh tries to rise up and take control, and the devil tries to lead in ways opposite to the ways of God.  These lead to darkness and turmoil (hard yoke, not rest).  When I turn to God, trusting HIM instead of myself, the word HE gives me by the Holy Spirit shines light on the way I am to go and, as I go in that way, there is rest.  Such as:

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Can't deal with fears by ignoring or by my own "wisdom".  Must turn to God with each fear. 

I am a partaker of Christ as I take the Word and learn from it (taught by the Holy Spirit, not my own mind) and go in the way shown... my confidence being in God, His Word, not in myself.