Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Jn. 14:6 ... Jesus said ... Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,  the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

Jesus, THE WORD, is the way to go.

Jesus, THE WORD, is the truth in the matter at hand.

Jesus, THE WORD, is life ... other ways are darkness and death.

No man comes to the Father except by Jesus, THE WORD.

What about that person who cannot read or write?  What about that person who has no Bible.

Whether we have Bible or not ... whether we can read or can't read ... the Word comes by the Holy Spirit and therefor is not limited to those who have Bibles nor to those who can read and write.

Also the heavens and all created testify to the works of God so no man is exempt.

Romans 1:20 ... For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 

After my dad came to God, he said to his brother, "How can you not believe in God?  Look at this. (He pointed to the heavens.)  Look at this sky?  How can there not be God?"

And the New Covenant is as follows:  God says ... For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:   11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Heb. 8

Several years ago, a woman said to me:  "Aren't you glad you are an American?"  She went on to indication because we are a Bible nation.  I just stared at her without saying anything.  But I knew the whole world is subject to God and God is not limited by anything.  And God will speak to whom HE wills no matter where he lives.  It is no problem at all for God.


====================

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

excellent:  surpassing all others

lovingkindness:  kindness resulting from love

That God ... the Creator of all things and having all power and knowledge ... knows every detail of my life and loves me and cares for me, is amazing and also very comforting to me. 

While thinking about the lovingkindness of God, I was reminded of some of the ways God shows His love and kindness to us. 

God sent Jesus to die, paying for our sins, and to be raised from the dead, that we might believe in Him and have eternal life ...
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God has given us the Holy Spirit living in us, teaching us, guiding us in truth, leading us, interceding for us ...
John 14:16 (Jesus said) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

God has called us to be His children, led by the Holy Spirit ...
1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.


Truly the love and kindness God has shown to us is excellent ... surpassing all.