Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Scripture shared by body of Christ

Mt. 5:3 ... Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

What does this mean?  poor in spirit? ... I asked God.  and HE explained it to me.

Here is an example of a man poor in spirit ...

Mt. 8 ... And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.



Concerning the day of judgment, Jesus said:  Mt. 7 ... Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These people came telling Jesus of all their works, indicating because of these works they were worthy.

Our works do not make us worthy of salvation. 

Some of us know what we were before we were born again and we know we were not worthy to be saved yet God, by HIS own will, revealed Jesus to us, bringing us into His kingdom in spite of our works.

Another example comparing those thinking their works make them worthy vs. the poor in spirit who know they are not worthy of salvation ... Lk. 18 ... Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.


These examples explain what it means to be "poor in spirit".

The man who feels justified because of what he has done is not justified.  The man who knows he is unworthy of salvation yet is saved because of the will of God and chosen because of the will of God is poor in spirit and inherits in the kingdom of heaven.

Woe to the person who has followed his parents to church and has done everything taught by the church group and feels he is okay because he has done these things.

It is that person who knows he is only okay because of what God has done that is justified in the sight of God.