Sunday, November 17, 2013

Set apart by THE WORD

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Cor. 11 ... 

v. 23 ...the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  

This bread which provides nourishment is symbolic of JESUS, HIMSELF.  He took this bread and broke it.  HE showed no man took HIS life.  HE gave HIS life for the church.  HE broke it HIMSELF.

And HE told his disciples to take, eat ...

Churches looked at this by natural eyes and set up bread (usually crackers) and called it "communion" ...

This foolishness, is doctrine of man.

The real communion with God is done through eating and drinking that given by JESUS, THE WORD.

And we eat "that which is given us by Jesus" ... HE gave this bread to HIS disciples.

We eat THE WORD that is given us by the Spirit of God.  This is the power of God.  This is the Lord's supper.

Jn. 6 ... I (The Word) am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread (The Word), he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me (The Word), even he shall live by me. 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. 

I Cor. 11 ...

25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 

In Jn. 6: Jesus said ...  I (the Word) am the bread of life: 

... I (the Word) am that bread of life.



When Jesus taught HIS disciples to pray and taught the following:  "Give us this day our daily bread," HE was speaking of give us today that Word of God which is life to us.

Jn. 6 ... For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I (The Word) am the bread of life:


The "bread" Jesus talks about through the New Testament is HIMSELF, THE WORD.  Life is in that WORD given us by Jesus, by HIS Spirit.  This is the bread.  It is JESUS, THE WORD.  (It is not crackers/grape juice which has no power at all.)

So we take THE WORD and we "eat" it.

But we are warned to be very careful how we eat the WORD.

Paul explains:  I Cor. 11 ...
  
26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 

If we hear THE WORD by the Spirit of God and skim over it and rush on to "important" things, we are guilty of the body and blood of Jesus because what we have done is like they did when they crucified Jesus.  They did not consider Jesus important so they eliminated Him.



I Cor. 11 ... 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 

We examine ourselves by the Word of God and this is the way we eat of that bread and drink of that cup, examining ourselves by the Word, and making appropriate changes, conforming to the "image" given by that Word.

But if we hear the word and rush on to something else, we show we consider THE WORD to be unimportant.  Therefore we eat in an "unworthy" manner.
 

I Cor. 11 ...29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die). 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.




All I Cor. 11, pertains to the eating and drinking of the Word of God.  (It has nothing at all to do with the practices set up by so many churches where they eat crackers and drink grape juice and call such "The Lord's Supper".  That is simply a worthless doctrine of the flesh of man and has no power.  But doing the word of God has great power.)

So beware of how you read these scriptures.  Beware of how you approach the Bible.

It has the power to save you from your fleshly traps, but that same Word has the power to bring "damnation" to you if you wrongly partake of the Word. (I Cor. 11:29)

And it is that Word that separates us to God, sanctifying us ...   Jn. 17 ... Jesus says to God ... Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Sanctify means:  to be set apart to

The Word makes us different from the world.  By the Word we are set apart from the world, changed, and set apart to God.  This is the difference between us and the people of the world, THE WORD.