Sunday, November 17, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psa. 148:13 ... Let them praise the name of the LORD:  for HIS name alone is excellent.

HIS name is THE WORD.

Flesh wants to exalt flesh.  Flesh wants to point out men on this earth who appear great in some field.  But it is JESUS, THE WORD WHO is great!  HIS name alone is excellent.

Psa. 119:81 ... I hope in THY WORD

Buried with HIM through baptism.  Raised with HIM through the power of God.

Separated to God by THE WORD.

Dead to the world ... alive to God ... completely different as result of THE WORD.

Jn. 17 ... Jesus praying to God ... Sanctify them through they truth.  THY WORD is truth.

sanctify means: set apart ...

John told us:  The whole world lies in wickedness.  I Jn. 5

The reason I am different from the people of the world is God chose me and set me apart by HIS Word and this caused a division between me and the people of the world.  The people of the world go the way of their own thinking.  I have The Word which shows me another way and that is the way I go.  This separates me, sanctifies me to God.  I am sanctified (set apart) by that word given me by God on the matter at hand.

Jesus said:  Lk. 12 ... Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

When the Word came it brought division.  The one who received The Word was no longer like the others who had not The Word.  Thus the one who received The Word was divided from the others.

==========================

Meditation:  Pam Padgett 

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. 

seems:  appears to be, have the look of being
right:  what is good, proper, correct 

What may look good, proper, or correct to me, may not be the way of God in the situation.  God's ways are not man's ways.  And God knows everything about the situation, including what the future holds.   

I have a college degree to do counseling psychology.  This seemed like a "good" thing to do at the time.  But I hated it.  Was a way of death for me and I quit very quickly.  Later I did secretarial work, but was very bored doing it.  After turning strongly to God with how bored I was, I had an opportunity to take a class that turned out to be a programming class.  Programming was a perfect "fit" for me. 

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 

 trust:
- relay or depend on
- commit to care of
- put confidently in the charge of


Turn to God (acknowledge God) ... wait to be shown what, if anything, to do (trusting in God) ... go in the way I'm shown (allow God to direct my paths)