Sunday, November 24, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Prov. 4:1 ... Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. 2For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.


Instruction means:
- direct or command someone to do something
- give a person direction, information, authorization

Attend to what God has said to you  in HIS Word by HIS Spirit

It is really important both to hear and to do ... Some people read Bible but fail to apply scripture to their own lives.  It is by applying scripture in a proper way that we are conformed to the image of Christ, to the image of what we in hear that word.

Attend means:
- deal with as instructed
- take proper action according to the Word
- apply one's mind and energies to doing the instruction

Prov. 4:2 ... For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.  

- meditate in Word of God day and night

- Jn. 6:53 ... Jesus says ... Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Meditating daily in Word of God is life to me ... fresh, needed blood ...

Jn. 6:57 ... he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

v. 58 ... This is that bread which came down from heaven:


- manna
- the Word God spoke to Moses & the prophets was bread
- Jesus in the flesh 
- Bible
- Word spoken by Holy Spirit 

==================



Meditation:  Pam Padgett

 
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

be not dismayed; for I am thy God ...

dismay:
- anxiety, typically at something unexpected
- distress (implies mental or physical strain imposed by pain, trouble, worry, or the like)
- daunt (discourage, intimidate, dishearten)
- suggests fear or discouragement at the prospect of some difficulty or problem which one does not quite know how to resolve

Things are said and thoughts come that open the door for me to be anxious, worried, discouraged, intimidated, disheartened.  But instead of going in the ways of these things, I can turn to God with what was said or the thought.  HE is my God.

Something may be unexpected to me, but not to God who knows all things

I may not know what to do, but God knows exactly what (if anything) needs to be done in the matter

God has all power, is able to do whatever HE wills in the situation, is well-able to strengthen, help, and uphold me