Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Being a witness vs. trying to witness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Isaiah 43 ... Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.  11I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. 12I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.


witness means:  evidence, proof

We who belong to God are evidence of God's validity.  In our existence on this earth we are evidence.  We don't try to be evidence.  We are evidence.

Here is the difference between being evidence of God's existence and trying to witness.

After I was first born again, in 1975, I was in a lawsuit.  A man filed suit against several dealers of American Indian arts in Dallas and charged us of conspiring to keep him from doing business in Dallas.  I didn't even know this man.  Although it was a ridiculous suit, I realized if I didn't respond in a legal way, judgment would be rendered against me in the US court system.  So I hired an attorney.  But as the months drug on, the lawyer bills were eating up all the profit from my business.  I had gotten out of debt after becoming a Christian and was facing going back into debt over the legal fees.  Then I saw the following scripture.  Isaiah 54:`17 ... No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. 

So did this scripture apply to me?  I had just been born again.  I belonged to God.  This scripture should apply to this lawsuit.



Based on this, I contacted my attorney.  I explained that the legal fees were eating up my profits and were about to cause me to go into debt.  I had decided because of this scripture to go to court without any human legal counsel, thus stopping the legal fees.  He was very shocked.  He tried to convince me not to do this.  But I told him either the Bible is real or it is a history book.  And if it is real this law suit would not prosper against me.  If it is a history book I wanted no more to do with the Bible.  So this was a good time to see.

Several more months passed.  The all of a sudden this man dropped all charges.  It was over!  I thought no more about the suit but did rejoice that it had ended and it was no weapon against me.

A few weeks passed and my former attorney came into my shop.  He said they had discussed my case for the past weeks at the law firm and had decided what I said happened, happened.  (This was a big law firm in downtown Dallas.)

I was a witness that the Bible is real ... but I wasn't trying to witness to anyone.

An example of a man trying to be a witness ... this happened shortly after I was born again in 1975.  I was at a business where you get copies made of documents.  This elderly man came up to me and said:  "Little lady ... you didn't happen to park behind that green and gold car did you?"  I replied, "No sir."  He then said, "That's a Baylor (Baptist University) car."  I replied, "OK."  Then he asked:  "You don't happen to be a Christian do you?"  I replied in an excited voice:  "As matter of fact I am!"  He said:  "Oh, heck ... I just joined the witnessing class at First Baptist Church and you are the first person I chose to witness to."  (He was disappointed that I was a Christian.)

We are not witnessing for a church, as so many people do today.  When you think of me, you do not think of a church group.  Hopefully when you think of me you think of a person who belongs to God.

Some people try to witness ... Those of us who are of God are witnesses.