Thursday, November 7, 2013

Keeping your mind strong

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

At one period of my life I played duplicate bridge.  Often individuals would say how bridge keeps your mind alert and therefore how good it was for your mind as you got older.

I always knew it was God that keeps my mind and not bridge.  And because of God I would be as HE willed in future as well as in present without my doing anything.

Recently I inquired about a woman who is the best bridge player at this center.  She has cancer.  I asked if she was still playing at the center.  The answer was, "she is no longer able to concentrate" ... so she just stays home now.

I thought about them saying how good bridge was for your mind.

What I believe is the following:

God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. II Sam. 22:33

-------
Comment by Pam Padgett ... teacher

I'm reminded of ...  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)