Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Meditation examples

Concerning meditation in Word of God ... Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Meditating in scripture is one important way of eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus, The Word.

We search for a specific scripture that "appeals" to us.  We, who are accustomed to doing this daily, begin reading Bible or underlined passages of Bible, and when something catches our interest we STOP and focus on that scripture. And we try to apply that scripture in an appropriate way to our lives. As we do this, we partake of the specific food that we need at that point in time.

Each of us have different needs.  The Holy Spirit in us deals with those needs.  Sometimes we are even prepared for that which is to come that same day by looking at the scripture that stands out to us.

Yesterday Mt. 6 ... Take no thought for the morrow stood out to me.  It also says:  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  (We have enough to deal with today without thinking of what might happen tomorrow.)  I spent several minutes yesterday rereading that scripture and looking up words such as "tomorrow" ... Later in the day, a water line broke at one of the baths at my house.  Although there was initial panic, I felt a calmness in knowing just to deal with that and not to think of the possible consequences.

Also earlier in the day, I was dealing with a problem concerning a person.  Later I saw that I did not have a problem with that person.  I was concerned about a possible future problem.  Again, "take no thought for tomorrow" ... When I stopped taking thought for what might happen and did what I saw in this scripture, I felt great freedom.

You can watch me find my food ... and you can watch me prepare my food ... and you can watch me eat my food ... and you can hear me talk about my food ... and you can still starve to death unless you search for your own food and eat that food daily.  We eat natural food daily.  So we must eat spiritual food daily.  If we fail to search for our food and eat our food, we will grow very weak and fail to come into the spiritual blessings that are out there.  We must search for and eat daily food to grow strong in the Lord.

I enjoy reading examples given by others but I know the thing that really means most to me is the food I find and the food I eat.


So beware of just watching us without finding and eating your own food!

--------------------

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psalm 1 ... Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.


By meditating day and night in scripture, I am like that tree planted by the rivers of water ... I will bring forth fruit in season ... not too early ... not too late ... just on time ...

============
Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 129:2 Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.

afflicted: 
cause pain or suffering
affect or trouble
weaken or knock down

prevailed:
prove to be more powerful
be victorious

As I thought about what has afflicted me ... sometimes affliction is from people, but also thoughts from the devil affect and trouble me, or things such as incorrect doctrines I've been taught 

-- doctrines of catholic church I was taught as a child
-- outcast for doing right in sight of God (such as singles, work)
-- coming in contact with those who cause trouble (such as roofer)
-- thoughts from the devil
-- my own flesh's "good ideas" 


At times its looked like they were too powerful for me, but the word of God brought by the Holy Spirit in each matter has delivered me and strengthened me in truth