Saturday, November 2, 2013

Deceiving self with good works

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently a man told me how he had been caught up in online "gaming" and it had nearly wrecked his marriage.

Then he said he felt he might do a "gaming ministry" and play online in attempt to speak to those worldly people about Jesus.

During the time I was with him, he spoke many times about the possible "gaming ministry."

Then at one point he said to me, "If you have anything to say to me say it."

I replied:  "This gaming ministry idea is a bunch of crap."

I went on to tell him we do not search for a ministry we can do ... We just stay in the Bible, meditate in the word of God, doing what comes across our path daily ... and every once in awhile God allows us to do something sort of like a parent dealing with little children in a play pin.

I also told him that if he thinks he can play those games on Internet without trying to win he deceives himself.  Our flesh is set on fire with winning.  I cited Gal. 5 ... one of the works of the flesh is "emulations" which is striving to outdo other people.

This man is eaten up wanting to do works "for God".  He and his pastor and church group are all involved.  I can just imagine how is flesh gets set on fire when they get together and talk about what they have done "for God".  Nonsense  ...Fleshly nonsense ... I also told him when we go to the bathroom and get up from commode which of us fails to look into commode to see what we did.  That is what these fleshly "good works" are like.  And the flesh is set on fire talking about these "good works".

And I told him when there is a work of God or a teaching of God there is power.  So many teachings just tickle your ears and there is no power because the wisdom in the teaching is not from God but is something the teacher dreamed up to amaze you and amuse you.  Always look for power.  If there is no power, it is not of God.

I cited the following example spoken by the apostle Paul.

I Cor. 2 ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 


Example of power of the Holy Ghost:

I had a commode that kept hanging when I tried to flush it.  Each time this happened I complained at the commode.  One day, when this happened and I was looking at the commode complaining, I heard:  "Would you rather have an outhouse?"   "NO", I shouted!  That stopped my complaining and I called a plumber immediately.

This is pure power ... it caused me to take proper action in the matter at hand!

That is the power of God and the Holy Ghost and the real word from God on the issue with which we are dealing.

There was a woman many years ago who came to us teaching about the building of the tabernacle.  What she taught was not only pure nonsense but it was incredibly boring!  She talked about each of the rings on the vail of the tabernacle and what that meant.  Crazy!  But many teach such nonsense things that have no power and tickle the ears of the simple who think they have heard a great thing.

Another example, there was a man who came among us back in the 80's.  He had gone to some church type retreat and he kept saying how wonderful it was.  Finally, I asked him what was wonderful.  He replied, "They had these very big crosses around the walls and the crosses were covered with flowers."

No power... just fleshly emotion which accomplishes nothing.

Mt. 7 ... Jesus said ... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


People in church groups so often look for things they can do "for God".  They get together and tell each other of things they think "the Lord" might be leading them to do.  They encourage each other with lots of fleshly excitement. (Patting each other on the back.)  They go out and do the "good work".  They return to the church group and tell what they did "for the Lord".  They pat each other on the back and are excited.  And most of the time it is all flesh.  God didn't send them to do that "good work". 

I don't do anything but read Bible and meditate in word of God and share on Internet the things God shows me.  And even then I do Internet because I was shown in a dream to set up the blog.  And I do the exhortations on various scriptures because God, by the Holy Spirit, told me to exhort you by those scriptures that various people send us.  I'm certainly not looking for things to do "for God".  I'm just trying to obey what I hear to do.  But so many church groups are looking for things to do "for God", when doing these things is their own ideas and not of God.  In the end, at day of judgment, Jesus calls these "good works", works of iniquity, and commands those persons to "depart from HIM" ... and notice that "many" will come to him in that day with those "good works".  I can certainly believe that for I see it constantly from those pastors who love to list all the things they are doing as they as us to pay for their works ... and I see it constantly from individuals who love to tell of what they did "for God."