Saturday, November 2, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Prov. 31:30 ... Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.


... beauty is vain ...

- devoid of real worth
- empty
- without substance

Psa. 111:10 ... The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.  

=================
Meditation:  Pam Padgett  

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

acknowledge:
- to recognize the authority of
- to take notice of

Can sometimes get caught up in doing something, and start to rush past what the Holy Spirit speaks to me about the matter ... not taking notice of, and paying attention to, the word brought to me by the Holy Spirit ... or try to reason away a word given to me instead of turning to God in prayer. 

This almost happened recently when I wanted to put areas of rock in my yard.   Since I had enjoyed doing little projects like this in the past, it was hard to stop and turn to God with thoughts that it would be too hard for me and that "I just can't do this".  But when I stopped and turned to God, my way was directed ... to have a landscape company do the work.  This kept me from getting into something that was too hard for me to do. 

I acknowledge God when I turn to Him with matters I deal with, seeking to do His will in each matter and trusting Him to help me, recognizing His authority and power to show me the way to go. 

I also acknowledge God when I take notice of (pay attention to) the word brought to me by the Holy Spirit, yielding myself and going in the way shown by that word.