Thursday, November 28, 2013

Making God your strength and your power

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We make God our strength and our power by daily reading the Bible and searching for verses that interest us for there is a special message for us in those verses.  We dig for that spiritual treasure by plowing through the scriptures until one catches out attention then we focus on that scripture, getting all that we can from that scripture, applying that scripture to our life that day and continuing to do that scripture.  This is eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking the blood of Jesus.

Jesus is THE WORD and things of Jesus are always attached to THE WORD.  You cannot separate Jesus from THE WORD.  Things of God are not an emotion or a feeling.  That is flesh.  For example:  some people will light a candle and feel good and think themselves to be doing something spiritual.  But there is no word telling us lighting a candle has anything to do with God.  So it can't be of God.  It is only of the flesh.  It has no real power.

In the 70's there was a song about tying a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree (I think that song had to do with soldiers returning from the Viet Nam war.) ... Even today some people do this when a child is abducted or when someone is killed.  It is all flesh and no power.  THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORD OF GOD TELLING US TO DO SUCH A THING.  Therefore it is all flesh. Not of God.  No real power.  Things of God are power.

This week, my doorbell rang.  I was not expecting anyone to come to my house.  When I looked out I saw a Fed Ex truck.  I opened door and Fed Ex man was standing there with a package.  I hadn't ordered anything and had no idea what it could be.  Then he said it was for my neighbor and would I sign for it and accept it.  I replied, "No ... I can't do that."  I felt badly after saying that but then later I was reminded of the following scripture warning me about entanglements.

II Tim. 2:4 ... No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.


If I had taken that package into my house, I would have been entangled.  It was too large for me to carry so I would have had to go to neighbors and they would have come to my house and they would have talked about worldly things which would have troubled me needlessly.

By rejecting the package, I avoided an entanglement of life.  So now I can proceed with what I do, reading Bible and exhorting church in writings, without being encumbered... keeping myself free to serve God according to my calling.

It is amazing how many entanglements there are daily ... We have to make deliberate choices as we go through the day... keeping ourselves free to nourish ourselves daily by searching for scripture that applies to us that day.