Sunday, November 10, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Deuteronomy 31:6 ... Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Before faith is always THE WORD.

We hear THE WORD by the Spirit.  We believe.  We cling to what we hear.

The WORD always precedes faith.

Recently I went to have my hair cut.  The woman cutting my hair said to me:  "What would happen to you if you couldn't drive?"  I replied that would be very hard.

Obviously this woman should not have said this.  But people say things they should not say.

This time, I was not disturbed at all by her words.  I didn't understand why her words did not hurt me or disturb me.  

As I drove away, I turned to God saying:  "Maybe I should pray about what she said but for some reason what she said did not disturb me."

Later I was speaking with Pam Padgett and I told her about this.  I told her for some reason this woman's words did not disturb me.  Then I realized, God has already shown me this thing the woman spoke will not happen to me.

When I was concerned about what might happen if I couldn't drive, God reminded me of 3 people (all dead now) who played bridge.  The two women, Frances and Elwanda couldn't see much but they still drove themselves to bridge.  Larry was 94 and drove a very big 1970's type car.  He spun the wheels and took out from parking lot to road.  None of these people had accident.  I knew God was saying to me:  You will be able to drive ... don't be concerned.

When I mentioned this to Pam, she replied:  "You're already established by God on this subject."

That is reason this woman's words at beauty shop had no power.