Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Things shown me by God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently at my house a water line to one of the commodes came loose and flooded a closet and came about 2 ft into the adjacent room.  I called insurance and he said he would have a "water extraction" company call me.  My deductible is so high he was sure I would have to pay for all of the service required.

They came and set up big fans which were terribly noisy.  I called insurance man and asked if I could just remove the fans and allow the carpet to dry out naturally.  But insurance man reminded me of the problem of black mold which caused some building in Lubbock to have to be torn down.  He said this extraction company would dry the walls and test to be sure I didn't not risk black mold.  Therefore I needed to use the fans and allow the process to take place.

They no longer insure against black mold in Texas.  So if that happened your house would have to be torn down and you would be left with a vacant lot!

This showed me how quickly these material things that we think are of value can be ripped away.

We think we don't trust in material things because we have material things.  But in the back of our mind we do think about having that object to fall back on in emergency.  Yet in reality what we have is God.  So we reposition our thinking when confronted with these secular things.

Another thing God showed me ...  this concerns the subject of violence.

We think of violence as someone doing bodily harm to another person or object.

God defined to me violence as follows:  "one who tries to get what he wants without regard for what it does to others".  

In the days of Noah, violence was everywhere.  Gen. 6 ... The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.  


Paul said, in the last days, perilous times would come because men would be "lovers of themselves". II Tim. 3:2  They would care about themselves rather than caring about others.  This is the essence of "violence".