Friday, November 1, 2013

Saved from my own plans

Pam Padgett ... teacher

I planned to put rock in some areas of my yard, using a wheelbarrow to move the rock to the various areas.  Doing work like this is something I've enjoyed very much in the past, but the rock needed this time was larger than what I've used before.  Each time I thought of moving this rock, it seemed hard and I kept having the thought "I just can't do this".   This seemed strange to me since previously I've done, and enjoyed doing, little projects like this, and my flesh wanted to move forward with my plans.

But when I prayed about this, I kept having the thought that this was too hard for me and to call a man who has done larger landscape projects for me in the past and arrange for his company to do it.  This is what I did. 

This man, with two men who work for him, came this week.  One of the men was moving some rock in a wheelbarrow and commented how heavy this rock was.  It was hard for him to do this work, although I've seen him move loads of smaller rock with no trouble in the past.  When I told him that I had considered doing this myself but kept thinking it would be too hard, he said there was no way I could have done this.  This rock, which is exactly what is needed in these areas, was so heavy it was hard even for men who regularly do this type of work. 

I believe it was the Holy Spirit that brought the thought "I just can't do this" to me, as well as the thought to call the landscape man, showing me truth in the matter and giving me wisdom in what to do.  I am so thankful to God for saving me from my own plans.