Monday, November 25, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett 

 Luke 6:47 (Jesus said) Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 

dig:
- to break and turn up or remove
- to uncover and get
- to find out, as by careful study or investigation
- unearth
 

 foundation:
- the base on which something rests, specifically, the supporting part of a wall, house, etc.
- the fundamental principle on which something is founded
 

I dig deeply when prayerfully considering, studying, the scripture brought to my attention, seeking to find what God is saying to me in that scripture, and how to go according to it.

As I "dig" to understand what God is saying to me in a scripture, sometimes incorrect ideas or teachings are unearthed and need to be broken up and removed.  Like removing anything that is not pure rock foundation, these things have to be dealt with in order to build, be re-constructed, on the foundation of the Word of God in that area of my life.