Saturday, November 16, 2013

Proper eating of the Lord's supper

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In I Cor. 11, Paul explains ... For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  v. 26

What does this mean?  I asked God.

Later I was reminded of the following.  When we eat and drink the Word of God and thereby see something we decide to give up that conflicts with the Word of God, people wonder, "Why did she do that?"  Often they even ask me why I no longer do what I once did.  The reason I quit is the Word of God.  It is like I died to that part of the world.  And thereby I show the Lord's death through my death.

I once played duplicate bridge.  I quit because I didn't like what I saw coming out of me in form of a dispute with another bridge player.  But then I saw a scripture and because of this scripture I knew I would not return to playing bridge as I once played bridge.

Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,

I set about to do what this scripture said ... To make myself of no reputation ...

(Gal. 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ ...)

I checked each area of my life and cut out anything I saw that might make me seem good in the flesh in the eyes of man ... Of course I was doing this prayerfully, eliminating anything shown me by the Spirit of God otherwise it would just be flesh doing it and would avail nothing spiritually.

A few people called me and tried to get me to return to bridge.  Each time I mentioned the above scripture which I was trying to put into my life.  One woman wrote me encouraging me to return to bridge center.  I wrote her and cited scripture though I know she is not a believer.

In each situation, I believe I was led by the Spirit of God and in each situation I believe I showed the Lord's death until His return as Paul spoke of in I Cor. 11:26 ...

Partaking of the Lord's supper is eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking the blood of Jesus.  Jn. 6:53 ... Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.


The Lord's supper is eating and drinking the Word of God.

I Cor. 11 ... For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.


All this pertains to the eating and drinking of the Word of God in a proper way.  This is not eating of crackers nor drinking of grape juice as many church groups are taught by man and by tradition of man.  There is no power at all in crackers and grape juice.  But there is great power in the correct eating of the Word of God.

Please read:  What is the Lord's supper?