Monday, November 4, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 119:23 Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.

meditate:
focus one's mind on for a period of time
think deeply or carefully about
consider; contemplate

statute: established rule, law ... the word from God on the matter

When others speak against us for doing what is right in the sight of God, and we focus on what they say, it may cause us to think we are wrong, or want to "soften" or compromise. 

But when we turn to God and consider and focus on what God gives us in the matter, we become established in truth about the matter ... stabilized

When I wouldn't go along with dishonesty in reporting project status's at work, I began to be excluded from meetings and some in management started speaking curtly to me or avoided me altogether.  When I turned to God, I was reminded that God has called us to walk in truth, in light.

Focusing on God's word, instead of what was said to me and about me, strengthened and stabilized me.  Even took much of the "sting" out of being treated badly.  

How God sees what I'm doing is what is important 

HIS word to me shines light on the matter and strengthens me in the ways of God.  Focus on this. 

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?