Saturday, November 23, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Jn. 10:7 ... Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you,  I (THE WORD) am the door of the sheep.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus, THE WORD. is the door.

Door is defined as:  means of access, admission, or exit;  A means to a specified end.

A few weeks ago, a man came here to program my TV remote.  He told me he wanted to tell me what God was doing in his life.  He kept speaking of something big that had happened to him recently.  He was very emotional.  I listened carefully as he spoke of this great thing God was doing in his life.  But not once did he tell me a WORD God had said to him.  There was no instruction given him, no edification, it was just emotion without substance though he thought it substance.  I knew it was a "cloud without water", promising rain but doing nothing of value.

Jesus said:  Jn. 10 ... Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you,  I (THE WORD) am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I (THE WORD) am the door: by me (THE WORD) if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.






A similar thing happened a few years ago.  A man in our church group told of this great meeting he had attended and how the Holy Spirit was so strong and how wonderful it was.  Finally, I asked him what about it was wonderful.  And he replied they had huge crosses covered with flowers at the front of the building.  NO POWER, just emotion.

Jn. 10:1 ... Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.  

Jesus, THE WORD, is the door.  Salvation from God comes by THE WORD.  Direction for our path in specific issues of this life comes by THE WORD given by the Holy Spirit as we focus on scripture or instruction called to our attention.

We search for the word as a man searches for great treasure.  It is important for each of us to learn to do this daily, for THE WORD is life.  And THE WORD is the way.

Jn. 14 ... And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6Jesus saith unto him, I (THE WORD) am the way,  the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

So daily, I take my Bible and look for that part of THE WORD that catches my attention and I focus on THAT WORD, considering how it applies to my own life.

In writing this today, I did exactly that.  The thing today that caught my attention was Jn. 10:7 ... Jesus said:  I am the door of the sheep.

Jesus is THE WORD.  THE WORD is the door for us.  We search daily for THE WORD that brings interest to us.  And when we find it, we stop and look closely at that portion of the word, eating and drinking the blood of Jesus by devouring that food.  We grow strong in the Lord this way.  It is important for each of us to search the Bible daily for our food for that day, unless the Holy Spirit just calls to our memory a scripture and then we stop and devour that scripture.

We must gather our spiritual food daily just as we would go out and get our physical food daily.  We must make an effort to find it.  And we must do it daily.