Saturday, November 16, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psa. 148:13 ... Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

THE LORD / THE WORD ... alone is excellent

excellent ...

- extremely good at or proficient in an activity
- outstanding
- preeminent / excels
- out beyond/lofty
- noble, exalted

Flesh wants to exalt flesh ...

We exalt God, THE WORD ...

HE never fails ...

HIS glory is above the earth and heaven ... The sun and the moon and the stars glorify God for HE created them and by HIS WORD places them and they stay where God put them until HE speaks again and they then do what HE says.  This is also how we glorify God.  We stay where God puts us until HE speaks otherwise.

I Cor. 7 ... But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. 18Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. 19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 20Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. 21Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. 22For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant.  23Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 24Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.


=========
Meditation:  Pam Padgett  

Psalm 140:6 I said unto the Lord, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord.

Thou art my God ...

- above all ... nothing or no one is above God
- created me (and all things) and knows everything about me
- teaches me and guides me in the way that is right in HIS sight
- His word is right, good, light, true ... will not fail
- has all power
- my help
- my hope
- my protection
- my provider
- cares for me
- never leaves me
- hears my prayers and answers me