Monday, November 18, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditating in the Word of God:  Each morning, I take my Bible and read scripture until I find a verse that "interests" me.  Then I take that verse and "eat" it, applying it to my life, thinking about what I am being told by that word, making appropriate changes to fit that word.  We go out and shop for natural food.  This is the way we shop for spiritual food.  We need to to this daily to be nourished and grow in things of God.  And we must apply the Word daily in a proper way to our own lives.  When we do this we grow in the Lord, THE WORD.    If we fail to do this we become weak and sickly and some even die.  (I Cor. 11)  If you failed to find and eat and digest your natural food bad things would happen to your physical body.  So it is with our spiritual body.  Joan Boney

===========

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psalm 149:2 ... Let Israel rejoice in HIM that made him ...

THE WORD created me.  When HE first spoke to me, I was "born again", changed.  That was 30+ years ago.  Since that time I have been changed over and over by THE WORD, being conformed into the image of THE WORD as I do what HE says to do.

THE WORD separates me from the people of the world, making me different from them.  Because of THE WORD, I am "sanctified", separated to God.  Therefore I am no longer like the people of the world.

At one point, I played bridge.  After quitting bridge, I was very different from the way I had once been.  God planted something inside me.  It was a concept I had never had before.  I no longer tried to find something to go to or to be a part of in Lubbock where I live.  I knew there was nothing for me in this present world.  I didn't even try to find an activitity.  I just stayed home and waited, reading Bible, talking to God, reading my secular books, watching TV ... but I didn't look in newspapers as I once did trying to find something of interest to attend.  I knew there was nothing our there for me.  And at this time, I saw a scripture and I did what I could do to conform my ways to this scripture:  Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,   I eliminated everything that could make me of "reputation" among men.  I didn't go out of my house except to get natural food and for things like dental cleaning appointments.  One could say I was "fasting", though it was not a fast of physical foods but a fast of things that puff me up.  After 7 months, God gave me a dream showing me to go in Internet and do these writings which I did and have done daily since that time at the end of March, 2012.

rejoice in HIM that made him ...


THE WORD made me.  THE WORD CAME TO ME AND CREATED ME AND BROUGHT ME TO HIS WAY and separated me from the way of man.

Rejoice ... THE WORD frees me from sin ... no longer have to serve my flesh as I once did

Rejoice ... THE WORD frees me from bondage ... from doctrines set up by man

Psa. 86:9 ... All nations whom thou hast made (all people created by THE WORD) shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. (THE WORD)


================
Meditation:  Pam Padgett 

Proverbs 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

The simple believe "every word" ... words are spoken directly by people, on tv, in what I read, etc. ... as well as thoughts that come to mind

prudent:
- capable of exercising sound judgment
- cautious or discreet in conduct
- circumspect (careful to consider all related circumstances before acting, judging, deciding)
- not rash
- careful

The prudent carefully considers what he hears.  Is not rash.  Doesn't act on what is said without carefully considering it.

Be careful with what I hear and take into my heart and act on ...  is it true?    is this what God wants me to do?    is the thought from the Holy Spirit or from another spirit?   

Important to be diligent to turn to God and allow HIM to show me the truth about what is said and thoughts brought to my mind. 

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.