Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 119:105 ... Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Without light, without wisdom from God, we would be trying to walk about in darkness as the world does.  It reminds me of a problem I used to see at my previous house.  I had a glassed in back porch with a cat door.  My cat would go out in the yard, catch a bird, bring the bird in the porch area and turn the bird loose.  That poor bird would go crazy trying to get away.  It would fly in one wall and then another, then another.  When I saw it I would open the sliding glass doors and take a broom and try to shoo the bird out the open door so it could escape.

When we have the WORD of God, it is a lamp so we can see the path without stumbling about in the dark.

For example, here is an instruction from God delivered to us by the apostle Paul.

Phil. 2 ...  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,

If you want to follow this "light", this lamp ... look up the word "reputation" ... then eliminate anything from your life that would give you reputation.