Friday, May 9, 2014

Romans 12:9 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Romans 12:9 ... Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney  ... apostle/prophet

The people of this world pretend to love (dissimulation) but their actions often show they do not really care about the other person though they pretend to care.

Recently a woman did what she thought to be a "good work" ... She called me that night to tell me of her good work.  She had taken something by another woman's house and had left it between her glass door and her wood door.

When this woman called me, she told me how surprised she was to find that glass door unlocked and wondered if there was a problem ... but she did not check on this woman by ringing her doorbell or calling her on phone.  She just wondered if there was a problem.  No action.

But after she told me about this unlocked glass door, I was deeply concerned.  Because of my great concern she called and checked on this woman and found she was OK.

I thought of Jesus telling about the "hireling" ...

Jn. 10 ... I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.


dissimulation is to pretend to be concerned but to walk away ...

Those of us who have the Spirit of God in us would be unable to walk away if we felt there was a need we could provide.  (Sometimes God will show us we can't to anything to help and then we have no choice but to walk away.)

We are told in Romans 12:9, not to pretend concern when we are not really concerned.  We are told not to pretend to care when we don't really care.  

Thus ... Let love be without dissimulation. 

==============

We are told to abhor evil ...  I hate evil.  When a TV program begins to show such things as adultery and fornication, I turn quickly from that program.  I hate evil.

Some people find evil "spicy" and enjoy the tantalizing portrayal and even look for shows or books with such.

I hate these things for they are contrary to God.

=============

 cleave to that which is good ... hold fast to "good" when we find it.

At the end of each of these daily writings, we list Bible chapters ... I enjoy reading these chapters daily.  Some days I do not make it all the way through the listings but I put the unread chapters on the next page of my notebook and the next day I read those chapters along with the new chapters listed for the new day.

Over and over as I read these listed Bible chapters, I have it proven to me that these readings are good ... therefore I "cleave" to doing this.