Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Flesh vs. Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I am considering something to write on this blog here is one way for me to discern between flesh and Spirit.  If I am looking for something to write it is my flesh.  If I keep being reminded of some edification, it is the Spirit.  If I am reading the Bible without looking for something to write, and then realize I need to write that it is Spirit.

Anytime we are trying to do something it is suspect. 

Thus Paul says:   3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?  Gal. 3

Sometimes I will say to God, "I don't have anything to write ..."  and I will be reminded of something.  And I get up and write that, knowing it was the Spirit that called it to my mind.

But if I think, "I don't have anything to write ..."  and should be tempted to pick up the Bible and look for something, I should just put Bible down and walk away, knowing I'm likely to be operating by the flesh.

Jn. 6:62 ... 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.