Sunday, May 25, 2014

Matthew 12:47-50 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Matthew 12:47-50 ...  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The world considers family (blood relatives) to be honored and upheld regardless of what they have done wrong.  This is the theme of many books and we often see people taking in the most vile offenders because they are "family", blood relatives.

Several years ago, a Baptist woman took into her house her granddaughter who was having sex outside marriage and having babies.  I said to another Baptist woman, "How can she do this?"  She replied, "Because it is her granddaughter."  (It never made sense to me.)

And often these evil doers attend church and call themselves Christian while doing fornication and adultery.

Paul told us to put such out of the church ... not to eat with such ... not to keep company with them ... when they call themselves "brothers" in Christ and do such things.

I Cor. 5 ... Paul says ... I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

We are told not to judge the world but we are supposed to judge the church, holding the church in a position of holiness ... not permitting such evils in the church ... I Cor. 5 ... Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?


Concerning blood relatives, Jesus said ... Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And HE pointed out that HE considered them to be those persons who do the will of the Father.

One time my neighbor asked me if I would rent one of my bedrooms to him.  He and wife were having a get together and several friends and family from out of town were coming to the event and they did not have enough room in their house to keep everyone.

I replied, "I would not rent a room ... but they were welcome to use it."

He went on to say he would have his wife's daughter and "her friend" stay there.  I questioned him about this and learned they were lesbians.  I then said I couldn't have this in my house.  He said he didn't approve of this either but it was his wife's daughter.  He seemed to agree with me.  I told him married couple could stay at my house.  But it turned out no one stayed and since that time I haven't seen him.   But even if these people are of the world and not the church, I wouldn't want this in my house.  Neither would I permit unmarried people to share a room in my house.  I just don't want such in my house.  I know it is in the world, but I wouldn't want it in my house.