Saturday, May 10, 2014

Confess your sins to God ... not to other people

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Jn. 2 ...  if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And HE is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Do not go about confessing your sins to other people.  It is a burden to people.  When they think of you in the future that sin you told will rise up to disturb them.  Humans are not equipped for this.  Further humans cannot cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Aren't you ashamed when you sin?  If not, you belong on a TV talk show rather than in the church of God.

I'm very ashamed of my past sins.  I would be horrified if I thought I had to tell you or anyone else my sins.  Years ago, I settled this with God after I was born again.  I told God I wouldn't like to have to tell anyone the things I had done.  I was reminded of the following:  Acts 10:15 ... What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. Somehow I knew by this I would not have to tell other people. 

Shame itself should bridle our tongue.

As the church, we are instructed as following concerning sin.

I Jn. 1:9 ...If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Settle the sin with God and with Christ who paid for the sin.

Eph. 5 ... But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.  7Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

After we are enlightened by God, cleansed by God, we should go forth in holiness as the church.