Monday, May 19, 2014

Communion: The Lord's Supper

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

At most churches, communion, The Lord's Supper, is considered to be partaking of crackers/grape juice which is passed around during the service.

This makes some people "feel good".

When I was a child and attended church services with my aunt, they would get to this part of the church service and I would see them coming with the crackers and grape juice and I would see the somber faces of people who partook of this and I always dreaded it reaching us where we were seated.  They said you were to "examine yourself" to see if you should partake of these crackers/grape juice.  I had no idea how I could examine myself to find out.  I was always disturbed by this.

Later, I saw that the communion, Lord's supper" did not pertain to taking crackers/ grape juice but rather the partaking of communion, The Lord's supper, meant partaking of the word of God, the scriptures, in a proper way.  We "examine ourselves" by those scriptures ... We eat and drink the word of God ... This is life.  The word of God is the Lord's supper.  The word of God is that bread sent down from heaven to us.

These people who partake of crackers/grape juice and say it makes them feel good are emotional, fleshly people.  One such woman at the bridge center loved to say she took communion at church that day.  I heard this same woman sit at bridge table and tell a man what color her underwear was that day.  This same woman cheated at bridge when younger players were at her table.  Several younger players commented on her cheating.  And when we got more mature at bridge she stopped trying to cheat us knowing she couldn't get by with it.

I Cor. 11 speaks of partaking of the Lord's supper.  People without the Spirit of God will look at this and think it pertains to cracker/grape juice (no power) ... But what I Cor. 11 is speaking of is partaking of the Word of God ... correctly.  And what happens to you if you read Bible incorrectly or try to apply the word of God incorrectly.

Read this in light of eating and drinking the Word of God.

I Cor. 11 ... 23For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.  27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself (examine yourself by the Word of God), and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 

Another woman who said she loved to partake of crackers/grape juice at church and thereby have communion with God committed fornication and adultery and became a drunkard and took drugs until she was born again by God and given the Spirit of God.  Then she was changed.  After God revealed Himself to her she came home and told her husband she was changed, she was going to quit drinking.  He didn't believe her.  But she was changed.  And in time she did quit drinking when God told her she had reached the end and was in a valley of decision.  She knew then she must stop drinking.

All this reminds me of a man who was in our church group at one time.  He went to a Christian retreat.  He said it was wonderful.  I asked him what was so wonderful.  He said they had very big crosses covered with flowers.  Amazing that anyone could think this to be spiritual but he did.

Spiritual things are connected with the Word of God which is Jesus.

These things at church which appeal to emotions of man without the Spirit without the Word are just fleshly works without substance, set up by men in church who see by their own flesh.

At one point in my life I attended a church group where people would raise their hands at certain points of the service.  I really had no idea why we were doing this but my friend did this so I just copied her.  Later I left that group.  She also left.  She told me she was much worse off after the months of going to that group than she was before.  I mentioned this hand raising.  She said: "I did it because they did it."  I replied:  "I did it because you did it."  It had no spiritual substance nor spiritual meaning. 

By their fruit you shall know them.

Things of God have real power ... not just a temporary fleshly feeling.

The power of God is power to really change us.

Shortly after I was born again in 1975, I was taken into heaven as I slept in the night.  I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with THE WORD OF GOD.  A few nights after this, again I was taken into heaven as I slept and was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with THE WORD OF GOD.  I was then on fire, carrying only for things of God, reading Bible constantly.  This is power ... this is a real fruit of God.

If people say they are of God but their fruits are bad fruits, producing bad results, they are not of God.

Please read:  What is the Lord's supper?