Saturday, May 10, 2014

Luke 10:38-42 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Luke 10:38-42 ...  Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus 'feet, and heard his word. 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


As we go through each day, "but one thing is needful" ... We need to hear the word God would have over the issue we face at that specific moment.  As soon as we have a word from God to illuminate the subject, we are fine.  It is the only thing we need.


About a week ago, I was disturbed by two very minor secular problems.  I just sat down and told God I really had to have answers to these minor problems.  I knew the problems were very minor but still I had to have answers for these problems were disturbing me and I was unable to read Bible in peace because I kept thinking of these problems.

God showed me the reason I was caught up in the problems is that I was striving to get things done my way ... according to my own will ... and that put me into an entanglement with the problems.

As soon as I saw that I repented and began to ask God to resolve these problems according to HIS will ... then peace came to me over both subjects.

===========

When we examine ourselves as we are troubled, often we will find that we are troubled over things that may happen in the future.

It is important to pray over those future fears ... but we must actually focus on today and on taking care of today.  We seek today the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness ... basically, "What do YOU want me to do about this?"  Doing what we believe is right in the sight of God.  By settling things of today in an appropriate way, we enter into both peace and faith in God who shows us what to do about the issues of this present life.

A major thing is prayer, committing our concerns to God and trusting in God.