Saturday, May 10, 2014

Faith in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Heb. 10:38 ... Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

We hear from God by His Spirit and we focus on that which God has said to us about the subject.

It is a fight of faith.  For other spirits will try to convince us the opposite of what God said is true.  Those spirits will try to discourage us and if they can do this then it attacks faith much as a physical disease attacks the physical body.

So we have a "fight of faith".

We must work at keeping that which God has said before us.  This is the subject of meditating in that word God has spoken day and night so we will be able to overcome those attacks sent against that word spoken to us by God on the subject at hand.

It is a labor of faith.  You have to work at it.  And we do this by keeping that word spoken by God in front of our eyes and in our mind day and night.

Recently I sent a correction to a woman.  After that I had numerous thoughts as to how bad what I wrote was.  I turned to God with this and I heard:  "Go read what you wrote."  When I reread my letter to her, I saw it was very good.  The thoughts from devil were trying to make me disturbed.  I copied that letter and put it in bed under my extra pillow.  When I went to bed I reread the letter.  When I awoke I reread the letter.  After two or three days of rereading the letter I had no more thoughts that the letter was bad.

Sometimes it is a matter of focusing on what God has said over and over until it is firmly established in your heart and when that happens the devil no longer wants to speak about that subject to you for you have firmly established the issue in your heart.

When we are troubled, everything starts with turning to God and talking to HIM about that over which we are troubled.

Prayer is one of the parts of the whole armor of God that Paul told us to dress in.  Eph. 6 ... Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.    13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;