Sunday, May 11, 2014

God's commission to Joshua: an example for us

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God gave a commission to Joshua and told him exactly what to do to enable him to do that assignment.  It is an example to us also.

Joshua 1 ... be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.  8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


When I was born again in 1975, I was in the midst of a legal battle.  It was very serious for if I lost in the humans courts a man could take my business away and all my money.

I had just become a Christian and had the Spirit of God in me.  I would pray in times of fear (and there were many fears) ... and usually God would remind me of a scripture.  I would take that scripture and put it on a list with other scriptures given me by God.  And I would think on those scriptures day and night.  I really worked at this for the fears were rampant.  And I also recorded those scriptures given me by God and listened to them when I went to bed.  I would go asleep with the recording playing these scriptures.  When I awoke in the night I would turn the cassette tape over and play it again.  This battle continued for several months, 4 or 5 months.  Finally the man dropped all charges against me and against everyone else that he had charged.

I've had many battles like this.  Always my strength came by keeping that which God spoke before me day and night.  Sometimes God spoke by dreams.  When that was the case I often printed out that dream and read it over and over to help me fight.

Recently I corrected a woman by letter.  The little thoughts would come that I had done wrong by writing what I wrote.  God told me to go back and read what I wrote to her.  And when I did this, I saw what I wrote was good.  So I printed this letter and put it under the spare pillow in my bed.  When I would go to bed I would read this letter again.  I read this letter when I awoke.  For two or three days, I did this.  Then the battle ended when I was fully established.

Faith is a fight.

Jesus comes for an overcoming church.  We overcome by keeping that word spoken to us by the Spirit of God before us, especially in the thick of the battle.

If you just sit there and allow the devil to trouble you with thoughts you put yourself in great danger so don't do that.