Monday, May 26, 2014

1 Cor. 6:12 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Cor. 6:12 ... All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney... apostle/prophet


Expedient means suitable, appropriate, edifying.

There are many times I will begin to watch a TV show and start to feel uncomfortable.  Often that show is just not suitable for me.  I am free to watch it but it will not edify me and will only trouble me so why put myself though such a thing?  I usually just turn it off.

Sometimes I can see what it about to come before it comes on a TV show, again knowing it will not be appropriate for me, I just turn away.

I do same thing in reading books for entertainment.  Often I skip through many pages, not wanting to take these things in.  

I might be "free" to watch it ... but it would not be good for me to do this and I will end up troubling myself needlessly (without profit) if I watch it.