Saturday, May 24, 2014

1 Thess. 5:21 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Thess. 5:21 ... Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


At the end of these daily writings, we list the Bible chapters used in these writings.  Most days, I begin my Bible study by reading these chapters.  Some days I read all the chapters.  Other days I read some of these chapters.  But each time I do this, God will bring out something which confirms to me the value of reading these chapters.  Therefore I keep doing this.

There are people who say they are Christian but when I speak with them they bring forth things that trouble me.  (thorns and thistles)  When this happens many times, I withdraw myself from them.  This is an example of proving all things.  If the fruits are rotten, the tree is corrupt.  If the tree was a good tree, the fruit would be good.  Therefore Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruits."  Mt. 7  We prove them by what they say and do, not by what we say and do.  Sometimes the good in us tends to block out the evil in them but after we get away from them I find God by His Spirit reminds me of the evil they spoke and by this I know them.