Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Hebrews 10:19-23 ... Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


First, we draw near to God with a true heart ...

We take each concern to God in prayer, trusting God, believing God will help us with that specific concern.  We settle everything daily with God in prayer.  We structure our lives by the Bible ... no fornication, no drunkenness, no covetousness, no idolatry, no railing, no extortion.  I Cor. 5  This way we can live in peace even in the midst of a wicked world.  John said this world is wicked. I Jn. 5 ... And Paul said the wickedness increases as we go along.  II Tim. 3

So first, we deal with our heart through prayer.

Second, we keep a "full assurance of faith" ... continually purposing daily to choose to have faith in what God says about the issue at hand regardless of what we see with our eyes or hear from other humans.  We are steadfast, anchored in what God has shown us.

For example:  In a dream, God showed me one of my cousins.  She was blaming me for something I did not do.  She was accusing me to other people.  I tried to reason with her telling her I did not do that but she would not hear me and went on in her way.  I left her house.  I know God is showing me what to do in her case.  My intention is to do what God has shown me, having nothing to do in future with this cousin.  (She is 82 years old now.)

So we go forward in peace heeding what God has shown us and holding fast to that and seeking God when we are troubled, praying to God about each concern of this present life and trusting in that which God shows us after we pray.