Friday, July 19, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 21:7 ... For the king trusteth in the Lord, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


When we belong to God we are given the Spirit of God.  (Eph. 1) ... We learn to trust in God.

At the time I was born again in 1975, I owned a business in Dallas.  A man filed a law suit against several people who owned American Indian Arts business in Dallas.  It was very strange for I didn't even know this man.  He charged us with trying to keep him from selling Indian arts in Dallas.

I went through many difficult moments during the months when this law suit was pending.  The fear was rampant.  This is one thing God used to teach me to trust in HIM.

The first scripture given me by the Holy Spirit was Isaiah 54:17 ...No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.


At one point during these months I told my lawyer that I am a Christian and the Bible says no weapon that is formed against me will prosper ... If the Bible is true, this lawsuit against me will not prosper... and if the Bible is only a dead history book with no power for us today then I do not want anything to do with the Bible ... and I told him this was a good time to prove the Bible.

God gave me many scriptures during these months and I clung to each scripture.  I kept these scriptures before me to strengthen me.  I recorded these 14 or 15 verses on a cassette tape and played it as I slept at night.

Six days before the trial was scheduled, the man dropped all charges against everyone.

A week or so later, my lawyer came to see me.  He said they had talk about my case at his law firm and they had concluded that what I said happened had happened ... No weapon formed against me prospered because I belonged to God.

Faith in God begins by hearing that word from the Spirit of God in the midst of the problem.  Then we choose to believe that Word.  And we hold fast to that word when the doubts strike our minds.  And we keep holding fast to that word given us by the Holy Spirit in the midst of the problem.