Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'll confess my sins to the Lord

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

For several years in the 1970's, I operated a business in American Indian Arts.  One of the magnificent American Indian potters was Margaret Tafoya.  I was with Margaret after I was born again and she told me the following amazing story.

She took her 7 children out of the Catholic school that was on the reservation and sent them to McCurdy Mission School.  The priest told her she could not do that.  He said she must remove them and bring them back to the Catholic school.  She replied that she wanted them to go to the McCurdy Mission School so they could study the Bible.  The priest replied, "People like you do not need to study the Bible.  We will tell you what you need to know."  Margaret said, "No, I want them to study the Bible."

Then Margaret said the priest got so mad at her and he said, "If you do this, we will put you out of the church and you will never be able to confess your sins again."  (Margaret was obviously very religious, often confessing her sins.)

Margaret said to me, "I don't know what came over me.  I said to the priest, I don't have to confess my sins to a man like you.  I will confess them to the Lord."   And the priest was so angry and put her out of the Catholic church.  But she continued to send her children to the mission school to study the Bible.

With great shame, Margaret told this story to me.  I explained that no man can remove us from the real church.  God adds us to the church and only God can remove one from the church.  And I tried to explain what she did in saying this to the priest was not evil but was from the Holy Spirit. 

I rejoiced greatly in this story.  The power of God to deliver us is enormous.

Please read:  Evil from pastors