Monday, July 29, 2013

Not partaking of abominations

Joseph Meriweather ... member of body of Christ

I would like to share with the church what happened to me not too long ago.  There was a woman that was a friend of my mother who went to school with her years ago.  My mother passed away in 1977.  This woman was supposed to be a minister.  She preached at my mother's funeral back then.  One day she called my cousin who knew each other also.  She had asked my cousin for my phone number.  She also asked my cousin how I was doing.  This cousin of mine told her I was born again Christian. 

Then I received a phone call from her, she asked me how I was doing?  I told her thanks to be saved in CHRIST.  Then she asked me would I like to talk to my mother, right away I told her no.  Then I said in Deuteronomy 18 GOD is against such a thing as this.  She said I know.  After she said that I told her I have no more words for you, and I hung up the phone on her.  Two months later she died. 

In chapter 18 verse 11 in Deuteronomy there is a word necromancer - which means communication with the deceased.  Also in that same chapter GOD speaks against other things HE disapproves of. 

Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.