Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 18:32 ... It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Eph. 6:10 ... Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Paul said:  Romans 7:18 ... For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

Jesus said:  Jn. 6:62 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: 

Our strength is in that which God has said to us personally by His Spirit which dwells in us. This word spoken directly to us by the Spirit of God is our strength in the matter at hand.  We heed those instructions.  We hold fast to those words. We move according to those words.  We stay still according to those words.

Mt. 16 ... When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist:  some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The rock was this word spoken by God to Peter.

The rock is that word revealed to us by God on the matter at hand.

The rock is not a scripture that we hunt by our own thinking.

The rock is a scripture when God reveals that scripture by the Spirit of God.

There is a vast difference between quoting a scripture by your own mind and quoting a scripture which is called to your mind by the Spirit of God.

There is no power when you quote by your mind.

There is great power when you share a scripture given to you by the Spirit of God.

And if you quote a scripture by your flesh without the Spirit of God it is a blasphemy against the scripture for you make the scripture of none effect.