Sunday, July 14, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Isaiah 32:17 ... And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Exhortation: (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)

Righteousness is tied up in obedience to that which God has shown about the matter at hand.

We are troubled.  We turn to God in prayer concerning the problem.  The Holy Spirit reminds us of a scripture or something else and by that we see the truth from God in the issue that is of concern.  When we believe what we are shown and obey the instruction given when there is instruction, we set ourselves into the "work of righteousness" and peace, quietness and assurance in the matter at hand will be the result.

For example:  The thought arose in my mind that I needed to hunt an assisted living home to move to while I am still able to drive and get out and hunt such.

I asked God about this ... and after I prayed, the Holy Spirit reminded me of something that happened many years ago.  Some people assumed I would have a need but God changed my circumstances completely and there was never a need in that area.  As I thought on what happened, I believed God was showing me not to hunt assisted living home for I would not need that.  I rested in what God showed me.  And through the months when the thought would return about hunting assisted living home, I would return to that which I believe God showed me and rest in that.  The effect was peace, quietness, assurance.

(Read Booklet #2:  Dealing with Destructive Thoughts)