Thursday, July 25, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 32:8 ... I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


When God guides us with His eye, He will lead us according to the way He sees the situation.  When that happens we often end up doing and saying things that humans rarely think and often we will seem very wrong.  God's view is not the view of man.

Isaiah 55 ... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  

Example:

Recently my cousin called me.  She told me all manner of problems in her life.  She was defeated and overwhelmed by her problems.

This cousin has gone to church all her life.  But there is no victory in her life when she speaks.  She never speaks of what God has done in her life.  She just speaks of her problems.

She wanted me to come visit her.  She lives 200 miles away.  I explained I do not leave town and do not drive out of town.  My car will be 20 years old next year.

Later I wrote to her and told her I would rent a car and drive there if she wanted to talk about spiritual things.  (This cousin is 90 years old.)  But if she wanted to talk about fleshly things that would not be profitable.  I enclosed the writing:  What happens when we die? ... and a few pages from Booklet #2: Dealing with Destructive Thoughts

She wrote me a letter.  I suspected the letter might not be good but evil.  So I opened it and very carefully folded the end of the page so I would only be able to see her first sentence which was typed.

She said:  "It is very evident you care nothing at all about your relatives.  I remember when you were a little girl and how curly your hair was."  (She went on to say many more words which I did not read.)

At the bottom of her letter I wrote the following and sent it to her:  "I'm sorry you misunderstand ... I wanted you to be able to live in peace in your remaining time on this earth ... I wanted you to learn to turn to God and overcome through Him."

That is all I said.  I mailed the letter to her and did not hear from her again.  If she does call me, I do not plan to pick up the phone.  If she repents, I don't need to hear her.  If she fights against me, I don't need to hear her.  If she mails me a letter I plan to take it to dumpster in alley and throw it away unopened.  I just do not need to know what she does from this point on.


Recently someone was striving with me.  I told her I was reminded of Paul saying not to trouble him for he bore the stripes of Jesus ... I looked this up and found it in Galatians 6.

 Gal. 6:17 ... From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Paul was saying:  You know how I live.  You know the call of God on my life.  You know the many sufferings I have endured for the sake of the word of God.  Don't trouble me.

I shared this with this woman and she repented.


When you reach out and touch an anointed of God, a prophet of God, you put yourself in serious danger.  If you choose to do this, you'd better be sure God has shown you to do this.  If you are acting on an "impression" that impression might be from a devil and not from God.  You'd better be sure it is God telling you to do this if you do it.

Also I was reminded of the following amazing example:


II Samuel 6 ... Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand. 2And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.   3And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.   4And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.  5And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
6And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.   7And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God. 


When you know a person is anointed by God and you think that person is slipping, you'd better be sure you are viewing the situation by the Spirit of God if you set about to correct that person.

God's ways are not our ways.  God sees things differently from humans.  God might have that prophet do something that looks very wrong.

You'd better just take the issue to God and let Him explain it to you when it seems strange.