Sunday, July 28, 2013

How to do the work of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When God was training me to do the work of God, He gave me this pattern set by Paul.

I Cor. 2 ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

Don't try to speak cleverly devised stories to tickle the ears of man.

Just read the Bible and pay attention to scripture that stands out and listen to Holy Spirit.

This is what I did.

And when I had a meeting and stood before people, I didn't have anything to say to them.  I just stood there and when God called a scripture to my mind I began to speak that.  And when God called a dream to my mind, I spoke that.  And when God called an example of something that had happened to my mind, I spoke that.

I know this met the needs of the people because God knew what they needed and HE brought what to say to my mind by His Spirit.

I had a friend who began reading scripture at his church group.  He told me he practiced how to read the scripture.  He didn't realize the power is not in the ability of a human to speak well in the view of humans.  The power is in the scripture provided it is spoken by the Holy Spirit.  In his case the scripture was just planned ahead as men do these things and it is unlikely the power of God was there at all.

Kenneth Copeland said he memorized the words of preacher Kenneth Hagin and spoke those words when he went into the ministry.

Marilyn Hickey hired an acting coach to make her more interesting.

God showed me just ignore everything and just speak what He brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit.

This is what Paul did.

It is even what Jesus did ... Jesus said ... Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.   This is another example God gave me when He was teaching me what to do as I went into the ministry.


These scriptures are important to ministers and also to the church non-ministers.  Listening to the Spirit of God and following God by His Spirit and refusing to go in the flesh is the way to go for all who belong to God.

Please read:  Booklet #1 ... Following God by His Spirit