Monday, July 29, 2013

Concerning asking humans questions about doctrine

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently a man read something I wrote and said to me, "I want to ask you a couple of questions."

I replied:  "What you should do when you have such a question is ask God about it."

============

Later I wrote the following to this man:

Paul told something to Timothy and then Paul said, Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. II Tim. 2:7

When you wanted to ask me "a couple of questions" about something I wrote, I told you to pray, asking God.

This is what I do ... then it is God who stabilizes you in the issue and you have a very firm foundation.

I believe what Paul did here in II Tim. 2:7 is the correct way to go, for understanding is from God and unless God opens our eyes we will wrestle with our minds and reason and not have the proper anchor and we might even cast aside the truth because it may conflict with our own thinking or previous doctrines.  So ask God about it.