Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ad agencies promoting famous ministers

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I went on radio in 1980, my pastor (Robert Tilton) recommended that I allow his ad agency to promote me.  This was the Michael Ellison advertising agency who represented Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, and had been representing Jimmy Swaggart.

At that time, I found the "big-time" ministers had ad agencies.  Billy Graham had an ad agency representing him at that time and did others who were famous or becoming famous.

The purpose of the agency was to put you into positions where you would have a big audience and many radio and/or TV broadcasts in the prime time spots in the industry.  These agencies had a lot of power with radio/TV stations to get the best locations for their clients.  They also went into town ahead of your meeting and arranged to get local pastors to promote your meeting in their congregations.

So what is wrong with all this?  I found out quickly the answer to this question.

First, the ad agency told me they could fill Soldiers & Sailors auditorium in Pittsburgh for me ... "Just one thing ... Don't say anything to offend anyone."

Jesus said:  Lk. 12:50 ... Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.


The word of God divides ... Light divides from darkness when we speak the word of God.

Paul says:  II Tim. 3 ... Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 


And a primary work of prophets is to deliver correction messages to people in the congregation.  These messages often get prophets killed.

Jesus said ... Mt. 23 ... Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!


The second thing the ad agency required of me is that I not send anything out to anyone unless they had read and approved the writing.  (I did not agree to that either.)

The third thing the ad agency wanted me to do is to put this on back of my envelopes:  "Send me your prayer requests" ... I was horrified and told them immediately I didn't want to do that.  They were shocked when I said this.  I explained that the individual is to pray.  That individual does not go to God through me.  The individual goes to God through Jesus Christ.

The ad agency replied:  "Well ... you're missing a good bet for when they send prayer requests they often put money in the envelop".  

After my refusal to do all these things, the agency informed me that they had to release some of their clients and unfortunately I was one they selected to release.

I was devastated.   I knew I was in the big-time ministry.  Now I had failed.

But in my sorrow, God gave me the following to show me the truth about the situation.

Mt. 4 ... Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 

Amazingly, what looked like failure was actually success!

I'm so grateful to God that once again I was delivered by HIM.

Please read:  Evil from pastors