Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spirit searches things of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The spirit of man knows what man is thinking.  The Spirit of God knows what God is thinking.

Paul explains:

I Cor. 2:11 ... For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.


There is a woman from bridge center who calls and asks me to join her for dinner.  I usually do this when she calls.  As she talks of her ideas and things of this world, I often just stare at her.  She has no idea what I am thinking.  But my spirit knows what I am thinking.

This is the point Paul is making in I Cor. 2 ... The Spirit of God knows the thoughts of God on the issue at hand just as our own spirit knows the thoughts we have as others speak before us.  The Spirit of God reveals the thoughts of God to those of us who have the Spirit of God.  Therefore we can know the will of God in the issue.

I Cor. 2:14 ... But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

To most people it would be foolishness to "take no thought for tomorrow". (Mt. 6)  They have all manner of plans for tomorrow.  They have lists of things to accomplish tomorrow.

I have no plans at all for tomorrow... nor for the next day ... I know that day I will take care of that which arises that day.  But I'm not trying to accomplish anything.

We who are led by the Spirit of God have a completely different way.

In I Cor. 2:6 ...  Paul says ... we speak wisdom among them that are perfect


We are not speaking to the world nor to those who call themselves Christians but do not have the Spirit of God.  They can't understand what we say.  We speak wisdom to them that are perfected by God by His Spirit for they are the only ones who can understand us when we speak.