Monday, May 6, 2013

God reveals secrets

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Daniel 2 ... And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him. 2Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king. 3And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream. 4Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation. 5The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.  6But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.

In this amazing story, the king demanded that the wise men tell him the dream he had and the interpretation.  He didn't trust the wise men and this would prove them.  Anyone can make up an interpretation after hearing a dream but who can tell the dream?  This was the challenge set by the king.

Daniel sought God, and God revealed both the dream and the interpretation of the dream to Daniel. ... Daniel 2 ... Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. 20Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. 23I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter.

No one can hide from God.  And if God chooses, HE will reveal their secrets to us.

I've had several dreams where God has shown me what individual are doing and also where God has shown me the condition of the individual whether that person is getting better in spiritual ways or worse.

Nothing is hidden from God.

David said ... Psalm 139 ... O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.  4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. 12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.


Jesus said, when HE sent his servants out ... Mt. 10:26 ... Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Recently I was having dinner with an acquaintance and she began railing out about people not doing what they are supposed to do in her circle of "friends".  As she continued complaining, God explained her problem to me.  "self righteous"  Since that time, I have understood exactly what was happening with her.  She thinks she knows what people should do but her knowledge is not from God but from her own thinking.  She thinks she is righteous but she rejects scripture and follows the church she attends.

When I played bridge, there was a young man who was very difficult.  He was a Ph.D student at the university and seemed to feel he knew more than other people.  One day when I was playing with him as his partner, God explained this young man to me.  "insecure"  While he seemed arrogant, he was actually insecure.  After that, I never had a problem with him for I understood from God.  Many others at bridge center expressed problem with him but I knew truth from God about him.

No matter what the situation, God knows the truth and sometimes God chooses to reveal it to us.