Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where is your "kingdom"?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I listened as a woman spoke fervently about the local library.  She had gone to a meeting to try to keep a branch of the library on the south side of town.  As I sat listening, I thought of how important this is to her and to those who attended this meeting.  But this is not my kingdom.  I know so well that my kingdom is not of this world.  If my kingdom was of this world then would I join this woman in her fight to keep the library on this side of town.  But I am dead.  When I was baptized and lowered into the water, the Holy Spirit said, "This is like being dead with Christ."  When I was raised out of the water, the Holy Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."  (Romans 6)

And so it is for those of us who belong to God.  Where we once strove with the world for "good" of the world, we are now dead to the many works of this present world.

Paul explained as follows:  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Col. 3


So as this woman spoke about the local library, I just stared at her.

Jesus said ... My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.  Jn. 18:36

God gave me a very strong understanding of this concept:  My kingdom is not of this world.

(See the writing on right hand side of this Internet site entitled:  My kingdom is not of this world)

This teaching from God freed me from many concerns of this present world.  This was one of the most freeing things ever taught me by God.  This makes so many things of this world different for me.