Thursday, May 30, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Matthew 25:34-40 ... Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Several years ago, I had dream I was building a house.  Two years after the dream I built a house.  Before we began construction, I told contractor the amount of money I had so he would know how much we could spend.  At first everything went fine.  His bookkeeper reported the amount spent and I paid as we went along.  But then contractor fired bookkeeper and bills piled up unknown to me and toward the end of the project I was shocked when contractor came to me with the bills.  It was more money than I had.  Contractor reduced the bills by $15,000.  But I still owed $35,000.  I told contractor to put the house up for sale.  He would not do that.

I did not ask anyone in our church group for money but I had told them the problem.  One woman came to me with the money.  I took the $35,000 and paid her back in full within 6 months.  To her credit, she saw the need ... She told me she had the money and when she saw the need she couldn't just sit there with this money when there was a need.  (As soon as I had her paid in full, I began paying my contractor that $15,000 that he had cut from the price of the construction.  Within another 6 months he was paid in full although he had not asked me to pay this money.)

I get many emails from people who call themselves ministers.  They ask me for money to pay for various works they are doing.  But this is a totally different situation from the building situation.  These men are supposed to be of God and yet they set about to do works without having money for the work and they ask humans to pay for their works.  I do not give them money.  I know if the work is of God, God provides.  They call on humans for money, making the human their god, failing to see the real God. Their faith is not in God but in human beings to provide for their needs.  I do not participate in their works.

When we provide a need, we must be led by the Spirit of God and not by our flesh.  It must be God prompting us to give whether it be by money, or correction, or a word of encouragement.

All things must be done by the Spirit of God and not by our fleshly thinking.

Therefore the above scripture in Mt. 25, must also be done by the Spirit and not by emotions of the flesh of man.



One day I was at a store and as I left the store a young man, approximately mid-twenties, came up to me and asked me for money for gas for his car.  This young man seemed able bodied.  I replied, "No ... I will not give you money.  Go get a job."

I know the scripture which says:  II Thess. 3 ... For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.


Many church groups today violate above scripture and feed able bodied men thus encouraging them not to work and making them into beggars.

So when we give, it must be of the Spirit otherwise it profits nothing to us nor to the person to whom we give.