Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God hated Esau

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Malachi 1 ... Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, 3And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. 4Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.


Paul said that even before Esau was born, while Esau was in the womb, God hated him!

Romans 9 ... when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.   13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14What shall we say then?  Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.



There is an elect of God ... people chosen by God to be HIS people ... These chosen people are not chosen because of their own worth ... They are just chosen by God because it is God's will that they are chosen!

Some of you may be shocked.  You have an image of God created by your own thinking of what God is or of what God should be.

If we read the Bible, we see many things God does and will do that are not what we would think.