Monday, May 27, 2013

Prophets warn the people

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God has always used prophets to warn HIS people.  HE did this in OT and HE still does this in NT.

Agabus is example of NT prophet who warned both the church and then later Paul.  (Acts 11 & Acts 21)

NT prophet ... Acts 11 ...  And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch. 28And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. 29Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea: 30Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.


NT prophet ... Acts 21 ... And the next day we that were of Paul’s company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. 9And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. 10And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus. 11And when he was come unto us,  he took Paul’s girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles. 12And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus. 14And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.


One of the ministries given to the NT church is "prophet" ... Eph. 4 ... (After Jesus arose from the crucifixion) HE gave gifts unto men ... And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:   14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.


The Holy Scriptures warn us and I, as one of the NT prophets, warn us ... In the last days there will be much deception inside the church groups.  If you have the Spirit of God you will be troubled when you see things that are wrong at church group.  You might just think it is just you and thereby try to explain the troubling away not realizing the Holy Spirit in you is grieved by that which is going on that is wrong in the church group.  When you see such, you should turn to God and ask HIM to confirm the truth and HIS way to you.  If you have the Holy Spirit you will be led to the truth in the matter at hand.  Other spirits not of God may try to convince you in the wrong direction, but if you are of God and turn to God, you will be led to the truth one way or another.

And be careful about being swept away by great miracles performed by man.  In the last days, which we live in, there will be great signs and wonders which have potential of deceiving the elect.  

Mt. 24:24 ... For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 

Satan is also worker of great signs and wonders to deceive church ...

II Thess. 2 ... Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

If you are a child of God, don't be deceived by the working of "great signs and wonders" in the church group.  This will happen in end times.  If you see such, instead of being swept away, turn to God in prayer and ask HIM about what you have seen and let HIM establish your thoughts. 

Satan appears as angel of light in the church groups ...And the ministers of Satan also appear of angel of light in church groups.

II Cor. 11 ... For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Deception in the church groups will be rampant.  This is one of the signs of the end times.  Jesus warns us:  Be not deceived.

II Thess. 2 ... (antichrist in the church groups) ... and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Even in Paul's day it had already begun in the church groups.  Paul knew there would be men rise up in the church group after he was gone and they would take over preaching a doctrine to draw others to themselves.

Paul explained:  Acts 20 ... And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.



"speaking perverse things" ...

I heard this type of thing many times as I have visited church groups.

In one group, the pastor was preaching Jn. 8, about the woman taken in adultery ... He said, "And when she was brought to Jesus, she was naked from waist up."  I was very shocked.  I grabbed Bible and began reading John 8.  (I noticed other people in the room were just looking at pastor with smiles on faces but I didn't see anyone in the congregation taking Bible to check this as I had done.)  The next day when I called pastor and ask him where that was in Bible that he spoke the night before, he first lied to me and said he couldn't remember.  When I explained how important this was to me and asked him to look it up and have his secretary call me he became angry and said, "Well ... OK ... It's not in the Bible ... Where do you go to church (in angry, threatening voice)"

In another church group, pastor was speaking of following scripture:  (where Jesus was speaking of casting out a specific devil) ... Mt. 17:21  Jesus said ... Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.  But three times during his sermon this pastor said the following, "This kind goeth not out but by prayer."  leaving out part of the scripture.  After the service I asked this pastor if I could speak with him.  There were several things that happened during that service contrary to instruction in Bible.  At beginning of service pastor turned the meeting over to the youth group to tell about their week-end retreat.  The young man speaking for the youth group showed a video of the retreat.  Boys were chasing girls around the room, hitting them with rolled up towels.  Girls were there with hair in rollers.  There was nothing at all done that was of God.  I pointed this out to pastor and told him when we gather at the church all things are to be done "to edification"  (I Cor. 14:26)  I also pointed out his leaving out part of the scripture concerning prayer and fasting ... Pastor became very angry.  He said, "I've been doing this 34 years and I know what I am doing."  I replied that I felt I had delivered the message and I left.

In another church group, pastor was teaching about Sarah and Hagar.  Pastor said, "Hagar was half-sister to Sarah."  I was shocked.  I looked and couldn't find this in Bible.  So I called to ask pastor where that was in Bible.  He became angry and said it wasn't in Bible.  Later I asked God about this doctrine.  I was reminded of Hagar being a servant, a bond-woman.  And from the Spirit of God, I knew had she been a relative, Sarah would have freed her from bondage.  Also Hagar was an Egyptian.

One time, a man was talking to me about the destruction of Egyptians in the Red Sea.  I mentioned that Pharaoh and all his men were drowned.  This man objected, saying the movie made of the Ten Commandments showed Pharaoh on the banks of the sea, safe.  I got a Bible and began looking this up.  This man objected, saying it really didn't matter.  But it mattered to me.  Truth matters very much to me.  It is critical that we keep things that are not true out of our doctrine.  I found the scripture and read it aloud to this man.  Ex. 15:19 ...For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them;  After I read this aloud, I asked this man what he thought.  He then said he thought Pharaoh was drowned in the Red Sea... but I knew it didn't matter to him.  To him it was just a small, meaningless point.  But to me there are no small meaningless points.  Every detail in the Bible is important to me.  But most church groups do not care.  (This man was Methodist and faithfully attended that church weekly, but this man was not faithful to Bible and truth of Bible.)  Most people today in church groups are faithful to their churches and their pastor but do not take note of error when it is presented and do not care about details of the Bible.  This is antichrist in the churches.

In approximately 1980, I had the following dream:  I was traveling with a group of people and we arrived at an island.  It was hot and dirty and there were children there on the island.  It was like pineapple fields.  All of a sudden I realized they planned to leave me on this island to care for these children.  I said, "I won't stay.  I won't do this ... unless YOU want me to."  They left and I stayed.  There was a pastor and his wife on the island but they wouldn't come out of their house.

For this cause, I have cared for individuals in the church for 30+ years.  I have fought false doctrines in the church groups.  I have spoken many very difficult messages for the sake of the children of God. And I grieve over the sins of the pastors and the congregation.  It is a constant caring for the church and warning the individuals who are children of God.  It is all ordained by God.  So pay attention if you are of God.  Deception in the church groups is the end time theme before the return of Jesus.  When the doctrine is wrong, care about the truth.  When your spirit is troubled as you listen to preachers, take that troubling to God.  Do not ignore the troubling.  Take it to God in prayer.  Listen to the Spirit of God.  Heed truth from God and "save" yourself from this end time deception.

II Thess 2 ... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.