Thursday, May 16, 2013

Keeping the charge of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Zech. 3:7 ... Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.  


Walk in HIS ways:

There is a choice involved.  If we live by the flesh, doing according to our own desires and the will of man, we will perish.  But if we live by the Spirit of God, doing the will of God, we put ourselves by a river of life and we are nourished and will thrive.

Psa. 1 ... Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 
4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


Some of the things we do is we walk in HIS ways ...

- make ourselves of no reputation:  Give up that working to get ahead on this earth.  Stop doing those things that make you look good in the sight of other men.  Instead seek God continually and work to do the will of God.

- Be content if you have food and raiment.  Cease the striving for other things.

- Set your affection on things above, not on things of this earth. 

Keep God's charge:

This means:  Keeping God's assignment.  Being faithful in that which assigned to you by God.  For most men, this will be working and supporting your own family.  For most women, this will mean caring for your children and husband.  Some of us are assigned by God to work in the church. (I Cor. 12 & Eph. 4)  If so, we do this faithfully, without ceasing.  If you are given by God the gift of helps, you help.  If you are given by God the gift of exhortation, you exhort, instructing and warning the church.  Whatever your gift, you work inside that gift not trying to be like other people.

Each of us have an assignment.  As the body of Christ we are many members but one faith.  We do not do the same things.  Paul explained the eye does not try to be the foot.   The hand does not try to be the ear.  I Cor. 12...For the body is not one member, but many. 15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.


Do you know your assignment from God in the body of Christ?  It is important to know.

I know my assignment:  I am assigned to do the work on Internet.  And recently God told me by His Spirit to take the scriptures sent in by members of the body of Christ and exhort them on these scriptures.  This is what you see me do daily for it is my assignment.  Often pastors try to get me to travel to their country and be an "evangelist".  But I know my assignment from God.  I'm not an evangelist.  I am an apostle/prophet and am assigned by God to work with the church and I am assigned by God to do these exhortation on Internet.  If I ran around to other countries, I would not be able to do the assignment given me by God.  So when I receive invitations to go to other countries, I reply:  "No."

It is important for you to know your assignment from God.  Otherwise well meaning humans, often in churches, will try to get you to do another assignment.  If you know your assignment from God you will be able to keep from doing other assignments which will be of no benefit to you nor to others.

If you don't know your assignment, I suggest you talk to God about it, asking Him to clearly show you where you fit in the body of Christ.  Then meditate in the word of God given you by the Spirit of God and do what you see to do by that word given you by HIS Spirit.  You will, in time, be set in your assignment as you follow the Spirit of God daily, doing what you are led to do that day. "One step ... one step at a time ... it is enough."

Romans 8:14 ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.